Now-a-days, the users are highly attracted toward the mobile devices and prefer to store their personal data on these, because of its features like mobility, capability to store huge amount of data and many more. Thus, McAfee has developed the mobile version of its software, named as McAfee Mobile Security, to offer a protection layer to the users’ data on these mobile devices.Sometime the users may face an issue while using the McAfee Mobile Security on their mobile device, one such issue is “The device has been locked and the users have forgotten the 6-digit McAfee Mobile Security PIN”.
Follow the methods mentioned below to resolve the “the device has been locked and the users have forgotten the 6-digit McAfee Mobile Security PIN” issue, easily:
Part 1: Recovering the PIN
A. Recovering the PIN From the Device:
- Select the “Forgot PIN” option on the McAfee Mobile Security lock screen.
- Three options will appear on the screen, they are as follows:
- Send me the email with PIN
- Answer the security question on the device
- Send PIN to my buddies
3. Select one of the options as per the convenience of the users.
B. Recovering the PIN via Mobile Number:
- Visit the Official website of the McAfee Mobile Security.
- Click the “Find Device” option, displayed at the top right corner of the website main page.
- A drop down window will appear on the screen.
- In this window, select the “Mobile Number” option.
- And then, select the “Forgot your PIN?” option.
- The users will be directed to the next page. Here, type the details about “Mobile Number” and “verification code” (as shown in the image text displayed in front of it) in the space provided.
- And then, mark the “My device is locked” box.
- At last, click the “Send me the link” button.
- Now, access the emails of the email address that has been registered by the users.
- Use this link, to unlock the mobile device.
C. Recovering the PIN via McAfee account:
- Access the official website of the McAfee Mobile Security.
- Click the “Find Device” option, displayed in the top right corner of the main page.
- Now, select the “Email address” option from the drop down window.
- And then, type the registered “email address” and “password” in the space provided.
- At last, click “Log in” button.
- After signing in to the account, click the “Settings” icon displayed just below the username.
- Now, select the “Change PIN” option from the drop down menu and follow the instruction sets, when prompted.
Part 2: Unlock the Device
If the users are not able to retrieve the PIN via any of the recovering methods then, follow the step wise procedure mentioned below to unlock the device, quickly:
(Important Note: The device should be powered on and should have an internet connection.)
- Visit the official website of the McAfee.
- Click the “Log In” option, displayed at the top right corner of the main page.
- Now, sign in to the registered email address, by entering the “email address” and “password” in the space provided.
- After signing in to the account, click the “Settings” icon (a gear icon below the user name).
- Click the “Unlock” option, from the drop down menu.
- This option will send an unlock command to the mobile device.
If the users face any errors or issues while retrieving the PIN or unlocking the device, then the users may call on the McAfee.com/Activate toll-free number, to get an instant support for resolving all these issues or errors.
Maria William is a renowned technical writer. She has been keeping a stern concern over the updates and errors of various anti-virus and security software. Through her blogs and articles, she strives to deliver the information in order to make awareness about the updates and error fixing methods.